Children's feet grow rapidly and during the first 11 years of a child's live the average foot will grow 17 full shoes sizes, or 34 half sizes! So, at The Athlete's Foot we understand how important the right fit is for a child's growth and development.
Some of the 2017 School Shoes Range available in stores and online for Back to School at The Athlete's Foot:
|CLARKS Daytona||CLARKS Indulge||ASCENT Apex||ASCENT Adela|
Tips for Correctly Fitted School shoes:
- Just because the shoe goes onto the child's foot without the child protesting, doesn't mean it's still a good fit (especially for kids 10 & under).
- School shoes aren't just for sitting in the classroom - children need school shoes fitted for Action Packed School Days! School kids can take up to 16,000 steps per day in their school shoes - which is equivalent to approximately 5km per day for a child!
- Brands like Ascent and Clarks School shoes offer width options and 1/2 sizes to ensure the correct fit for your child's school shoe.
Excellent Features of School Shoes:
- Shock Absorbing Midsole - provides shock absorption for active kids and ensures young feet have the protection they need.
- Leather Upper & quality stitching - adds durabiltiy
- Leather Lining or similar feature that allows breathability (heat to escape school shoe)
- Protective Rubber or Foam Outsole - also increasing the durability of the shoe.
Shopping at The Athlete's Foot for School Shoes:
- Ascent and Clarks School shoe are now available at over 130 The Athlete's Foot stores and online all year.
- The 2017 Back to School range is also available and includes Kids Netball Shoes, Kids Football Shoes and Kids Sports shoes - in stores or online.
- It is important to have your child's feet measured every time they need new school shoes - either school shoes or sports shoes!
- The Athlete's Foot Fit Technicians are highly trained on school shoe fitting and also use The Athlete's Foot exclusive Fitprint(R) System in store, everytime you visit.
Watch our latest Find your Fit Story on Youtube - showing how Kids need to be Fit for Action Packed School Days!