TO MAKE A PURCHASE USING AFTERPAY YOU WILL NEED:
- A debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- An Australian residential address
USING THE SERVICE ONLINE:
- Add items to your shopping cart and checkout as normal (up to $800 with a debit or credit card).
- Simply choose Afterpay as your payment method. You will be redirected to Afterpay to complete the transaction.
- Once your first order is approved, your Afterpay account is created. All you need to do is visit www.afterpay.com.au to set up a password, and you will be able to make more purchases using Afterpay by simply entering your log in details upon checkout.
USING THE SERVICE IN-STORE:
- Complete a brief pre-approval process which will require a valid mobile phone number.
- This process can be prompted by either our store staff or by visiting www.afterpayit.com.au on your mobile.
- Once the pre-approval process is completed, a barcode will be generated for you to present in store.
- Simply scan the barcode prior to the purchase being completed.
IS THERE A COST TO USE AFTERPAY?
Afterpay does not charge a fee to consumers when purchasing and we do not charge interest. The only fees applied to consumers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method.
If a payment has not been made by you on the Afterpay website before the scheduled payment date, we will automatically take payment from your default payment method on that date. The scheduled payment dates can be seen in the confirmation email sent to you after your order was approved, or by logging in to your Afterpay account at www.afterpay.com.au.
If an automatic payment fails, you have until midnight (AEDT in the summer months and AEST in the winter months) to make payment. After midnight, if that payment has not been made, you will incur a late payment fee of $10 and a further late fee of $7 if the payment is not made within 7 days (as stated in the Afterpay Terms).
We understand that there are certain extenuating circumstances which will not allow you to make payments on or before the scheduled date. If you believe you fall into this category and would like to discuss your payment schedule with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN WILL MY FIRST PAYMENT BE CHARGED?
All new Afterpay customers are required to make their first payment at the time of purchase. You will no longer be considered a ‘new’ customer once you have fully paid off your first order AND 6 weeks have passed since you placed that order. For any order thereafter, your first payment will only be deducted 2 weeks after your purchase and your last payment deducted 8 weeks after purchase.
IS AFTERPAY SAFE AND SECURE?
Yes, we understand how important security is so we ensure that your personal information is protected. Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organisation. PCI DSS is a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to enhance cardholder data security and to ensure the safe handling and storage of sensitive customer credit card information and data.
This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS ON ORDERS PAID VIA AFTERPAY?
Yes, we accept returns of online orders instore and online, providing the refund to you back via your Afterpay account. Please note that any outstanding payment instalments due will be processed until your refund has been completed.
For information on how to return your online order see our returns information page.
DO YOU OFFER EXCHANGES?
Unfortunately Afterpay does not allow for exchanges. We do however encourage you to return your items either in store or send back your online purchase and place a new order with us.
If you have any questions please call 1300 449 239 (Mon to Friday 9am-5pm EST time) or email us.
Alternatively, for more information contact Afterpay on 1300 100 729.