Our MyFit Blog aims to engage and inform so that we can collectively empower everyday athletes to better their best with every run.
Korean Beef Tacos
We’ve partnered with Hello Fresh to bring you three healthy and delicious recipes. Our final recipe is Korean Beef Tacos which can be prepared and cooked in just 25 minutes, making it a perfect post-workout dish.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1/2 a head cos lettuce
- 6 mini flour tortillas
- Crispy shallots
- Beef strips
- 1 carrot
- 1 long red chilli (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white or rice wine vinegar
- Finely chop the garlic. In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce and honey. Add the beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, the salt and sugar. Scrunch onion in your hands, then add to the pickling liquid. Add just enough water to cover the onion and set aside until serving.
- Grate the carrot and shred the cos lettuce. If you’d like some heat, thinly slice long red chilli. In a second medium bowl, combine carrot, lettuce and chilli. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over a high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the beef strips, in batches, tossing, until browned and cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave mini flour tortillas on a plate for 10 second bursts, until warmed through.
- Drain the pickled onion. Take everything to the table to serve.
- To assemble, top the tortillas with the salad, Korean beef and quick pickled onion. Garnish with mayonnaise and a sprinkle with crispy shallots.
Looking for more recipes?
|SHOP MEN'S||SHOP WOMEN'S|